Please Don't Tell Them You Never Got to Know Me
It is I whose kicks you will always remember,
I who gave you heartburn that a dragon would envy,
I who couldn't seem to tell time and got your days and nights all mixed up,
I who went shopping and helped you pick out the "perfect" teddy bear for me,
I who liked to be cradled in your belly and rocked off to dreamy slumber by the fire,
It is I who never had a doubt about your love,
It is I who was able to put a lifetime of joy in an instant.
2 comments:
What a powerful title. Don't tell them you never got to know me? Not a moment goes by where I don't look back and remember the time I had with Taylor. I cherish that heartburn, the movements, the hiccups, the contractions.
I remember the Monday before Taylor died. I was sent over to L&D because of high blood pressure and protein in my urine. I called my husband and he met me over there. I can remember laying in the hospital bed and the nurse came in and put the heart monitor on my belly. She found his little heartbeat and left me and my husband alone. I can picture the sound of that heartbeat. It was so loud and prominent. He was so alive. In fact, he didn't like the heart moniter at all. He would kick at it and move to a different position. The nurse had to come in several times to move the moniter and sure enough, he would kick it off again. Looking back, it was such a special moment that my husband and I had with him. We heard that sweet heartbeat and saw his movements for a good 2 hours. I will never EVER forget that special moment. I will shout out and let everyone know that Taylor was and IS still apart of my life.
Julie:
Happy birthday on Sunday. I will be thinking of you. I'm so honored that you will be attending the temple in memory of Wyatt but more importantly that you are going back to the temple. That is so neat! I hope it's a wonderful experience for you and that you are able to feel the incredible spirit of that amazing place. Thanks for all the love and support you have given me. I'm sure Taylor is so proud of his mom.
Love,
Andrea
Post a Comment