I am fighting back tears. We visited Taylor's grave today. I wanted to go on Easter, but with everything else going on we didn't make it. I had all the kids with me and we went as kind of a family night (minus Nate on business). We had a pinwheel to set on his grave and a duck (thanks Nana). It was amazing how calm it was, yet the pinwheel wouldn't stop spinning. I told my kids that that was Taylor's way of saying hello and he is near by. My kids were awfully quiet (not like them AT ALL) just watching that pinwheel spin.

My youngest was the one that struck me the hardest. We had set all the things down at his grave. I was trying to take a cute picture of all of them, but she wouldn't take her eyes off of his grave. She was just staring- We were there a while and decided to go. I had the 2 older kids hold her hands and walk with her. She tried and fought it. She kept turning back and wanting to go to Taylor. She didn't want to leave him. She kept looking over her shoulder and had this sad look on her face. It completely broke my heart how this little baby could feel him and want him so much. The kids let go of her arms to see where she would go. I thought it would be straight to me(she is a mommas girl) but you guessed it, it was straight to Tay. It was so powerful to see. She truly is my earth angel and knows Taylor. She was sent to me when I needed her the most. 
3 comments:
I am glad you got to go visit as a family. That is so awesome, the feelings you get of the spirit when it is needed!
What a sweet, sweet post. Thanks for sharing!
That is so wonderful and amazing
Post a Comment