Friday, September 5, 2008

Baby Jesus

posted by Aunt Keri
Taylor's whole pregnancy was different somehow. With my sister's first two pregnancies, I was able to imagine what the future would be like with them- what color hair and eyes they would have, thinking what their first words would be, - things of that nature. But I never thought of those things when she was pregnant with Taylor. There was only ONE image of him that I ever composed- little Taylor playing baby Jesus during the Christmas nativity scene. I thought that would be so cute to have big sister and big brother be Mary and Joseph and their sweet little brother would fit the part of the baby Jesus. The perfect nativity trio! When we heard the tragic news of Taylor, I stopped thinking about the nativity.

Looking back, Taylor did play his part as Jesus. He taught us the beauty of the sealing power through Christ and helped his family grow stronger in the gospel. He came to this earth to receive a mortal body and will one day be resurrected just as our Savior. What sweet and strong lessons we can learn from our little Taylor.

2 comments:

Gedge's said...

I never looked at the situation the same way. How neat that Taylor truly played the part of baby Jesus. He taught us the true meaning of our Savior and his purpose. I am so proud to be the mommy of such an amazing missionary!
Julie

Duffin Fam said...

I am work reading this right now and I am glad it is a saturday and not many people are here, because there are tears running down my face. Everytime I read Taylors blog or any of the Angel baby's blogs I feel so spiritually lifted. With Julie's pregnancy with Taylor, I was glad that we would have kids about the same age again, because we were pregnant together. Little do we all know. I remember getting a phone call that morning, I was at work, I couldnt get my cell phone. When I got the message it was Julie leaving a message to call her. I assumed that she had gone into labor and was calling to give me the good news. When I phone back it was Nate who answered and I knew soemthing was wrong. He explained to me that they had lost the baby and I was breathless, I couldnt speak, I was in shock and wanted to cry. The atonement is amazing and it is all part of a BIG plan. I just cant believe that my best friend was honored and chosen to carry a perfect little angel in her womb and she is one of the strongest women I know. I am blessed to have her and her family in my life.